It’s almost Christmas time friends!
This is probably my most favourite time of year – not because it means I turn a year older (scary!) and not because gifts are exchanged (although I admit that I LOVE giving gifts).
I could probably go on for awhile about all the things I love about Christmas, but I’ll just share a few:
- I love when Gingerbread lattes arrive at Starbucks
- I love getting to see my entire family all together under one roof (usually this entails my little nieces waking “Auntie Laura” up super early...but how can you say no to that right?!)
- I love the smell of Christmas trees
- I love decorating my house
- I love walking into work (weird..I know...but the entrance and banister are always decorated so beautifully with garland and bows and lights...it’s a great way to start the day!)
- I love the excitement and buzz in the air the closer we get to Christmas
- I know people should be generous all year long, but I love getting to see people giving back – especially the ones you least expect! A change of heart you know! So great to see!
- I love the lights – I could drive around for hours looking at creatively decorated houses
- I love Christmas baking – and not necessarily to eat it...I love how it makes the entire house smell so delicious!
- I love reading the Christmas story: we read it every year in my family. We go around the circle, taking turns reading snippets. My favourite part: I love when the shepherds hear the angel choir...gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. How awesome it would have been to be there!!!
There’s only one thing I hate about Christmas. I know. Shocking. What is there about Christmas that someone could possibly NOT love? And I realize most people would probably stick with the word “dislike” – after all hate is a very strong choice. But, if you know me, you probably already know what it is I hate about Christmas. I have for as long as I can remember (and I have pictures to prove it). And every year, without fail, everyone in my family tries to help me get over it. Not possible. I’m pretty sure I’ll hate (yes, hate) this until the day I die.
What is it you might ask?
He's creepy ok. Enough said.