February 3, 2010

Dear...

Dear Blog,

Apparently this is how Andrew (my brother) thinks that I should be posting. So, in honour of him, I’m writing to you. In facebook world today, it seems that everyone was checking out this “urban dictionary” that tells you the meaning of your name and characteristics about people with that name – sometimes a little on the inappropriate side, but other times, quite true. I’ve decided to leave a list of my favourite definitions. You can judge which ones you think are true, which ones you think are highly unlikely, or perhaps share one you think is missing from the list. Nothing like having a blog all about yourself right, blog?! Be sure to check your name out – it’s a great self boost! :)

The name Laura, as defined by urbandictionary.com, is as follows:
-Adorable
-Possibly the rudest person you will ever meet
-Cute
-A beautiful name, in fact, one of the best names ever
-Guys want her, and girls want to be her
-Has many friends
-One of the kindest most beautiful chicks you’ll ever meet. The kind you never let go of.
-A girl who is awesome in every way, can be shy at times and crazy the next (especially when she is sugar high), but is always a fun person to be around. She likes to make lists (too true) and keep everything in order. She loves to be creative with her stories she writes, and takes too many photos on her camera. She loves to hang out with a group of friends at all times. Reading is a pastime, and she barely ever misses a TV show. You will never regret meeting a Laura. Best traits: she can keep secrets when she wants to, can always cheer people and friends up, and knows the right moment when a friend’s in need.
-Doesn’t talk to people she thinks aren’t worth her time
-Loves photography
-One of the most beautiful girls you will ever meet!
-Friendly
-Classy
-Gentle
-Elegant
-The most intelligent person ever!
-Artistic
-A great taste in music
-A beautiful sexy woman that should be treated like a princess at all times
-Amazing hair!!
-The biggest babe ever

P.S. Blog, I just happened to check out what your name meant and thought it was pretty interesting:
-A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today."
-A recent and disturbing trend on the internet

Don’t feel bad, blog. I don’t think any of it is true!

2 comments:

mom said...

Well for sure I love the meanings of your name....alo except #3.
You are NOT rude! ever!!!
I am going to check out my name...I hope I have at least SOME good things said about ME!! :o)

love you

Laura said...

I just looked up "our" name too! I like the list you chose... some definitely don't apply to girls like us, regardless of our name! ;)

I see many of these traits resembling you, Laura! Except, like your mom said, the one about being rude. Totally not you!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com