January 7, 2010

What the World Needs Now

There is nothing enjoyable about waking up to the sound of an alarm clock. There comes a point in everyone’s life where that alarm becomes this invariably traumatizing and dreaded morning event. I think it has something to do with getting to the age where you are expected to be somewhere at a certain time. In the care-free days of childhood, we WANTED to get up early – cartoons were on, there was sugar cereal to be eaten, and it was show-and-tell at preschool! And as the years went by, sugar cereal turned to oatmeal (it’s healthier after all), show-and-tell turned to work projects and nothing was worth getting out of a soft, cozy bed – not even cartoons! Unless, of course, you’re one of those people who has been blessed with an internal clock that brings you to life at 6am with a capacity to run a marathon! Oh how I wish I was one of those people who eagerly anticipated the morning! They say you can train yourself, and I have tried, but then the weekend rolls around, and I’m right back to PJ-ing it up until at least 10:30am. I’m a lost cause!

Since being introduced to the life of blogging, I find myself completely addicted to reading other blogs – even those of people I do not even remotely know! Is this a normal occurrence for a newcomer? It not only helps to fill a dull moment in the day, but it helps to stimulate your imagination and open up the channels of creativity that are just begging to be set free! The greatest thing is that there is a world of possibilities when it comes to blogging and the variety in what people write about is astounding. Stories of heartache, pictures, random facts and “how-to’s”, shopping tips – and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Makes you realize there is no expert in the blogging industry- we’re each our own expert when it comes to our blogs. Doesn’t that make you feel so important?

Now quit reading my blog, open up a new post, and share your thoughts with the world! Someone is out there waiting to be awed by the letters you’re going to put into thoughts! Happy writing!

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman

2 comments:

Mobachs said...

you have such a way with words!

meganmenzies said...

laura
I found your blog tonight, and here I am reading it. I was just asking myself.. I wonder if anyone reads my blog? haha.
Its amazing how blogging just comes sometimes.. I enjoy it, although I am not very good at it.

I think I will become a follower as you seem to be quite a dedicated blogger. I like that.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com